Subject: [Leica] Transparency Film for Available Darkness?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 26 06:26:23 2004

On 5/26/04 6:07 AM, "Martin Krieger" <krieger@usc.edu> wrote:

> I am shooting in factories and workshops, where the lighting is often poor,
> especially away from the machinery. I find Provia 400F is sometimes not fast
> enough. Should I push it or try some other film, perhaps pushed? I do need
> decent grain, since details matter. (Often I am using a handheld, 2.8 or
> slower lens, preferably a bit stopped down for definition, and for this
> purpose a faster alternative is not ideal.)
> Martin Krieger
> krieger@usc.edu

What are the shots for and why transparency film and not color neg which
averages 4 times faster and about the same amount of increased latitude?
If what you need is fine grain in low light then I'd consider using the
tripod more often or giving up the idea of either fine grain or hand held.
One of the other.
I shoot a lot of Fuji NPZ 800 and it is grainless enough for most of my
purposes but I don?t know your purpose. Or use.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved