Subject: [Leica] Bull
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 25 15:58:05 2004

Feli,

They're letting agency art directors work with sticks now? When I was writing
in ad agencies, we took their sticks away every morning for fear they'd poke
and eye out.

How the agency business has changed.

Regarding the old guard. Jerry Della Famina said, among other things, "The
golden age of died December 31, 1969."

I got my first copywriting gig in November 1970. Timing. Life is just a
matter timing.

-Chris Lawson

feli@creocollective.com writes:
I'm going to have to agree with Buzz here. No offense, but I do a lot of work
with agency "art directors" etc for commercials and the vast majority of them
can barely write their name in the dirt with a stick, much less produce
anything
but commercial, cookie cutter crap. I have worked with some genuinely talented
people in that field, but they are far and few in between and mostly members
of
what would be considered "the old guard".

Feli