Subject: [Leica] 2200 Printing Borders Problem
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Sun May 23 16:09:44 2004

>    My wife is making professional prints on our new Epson
> 2200 using Photoshop 7. She prefers to have a hairline
> border around the print. One time, it will print the
> border, the next time, it won't, even though all the menu
> options are correctly set.

this has happened on every Epson I've ever used... (I presume you are using
the border setting in the print dialogue?)

A much better way is open the image in PS.

Then go Select>All then Edit>Stroke pick the colour you want and the pixel
width

(I'm never sure how much difference the Inside/centre/outside makes
especially if the line is just one or two pixels) and then click OK

Then Select>Deselect and there you are.

Try and print/test a few different widths or colours to see what you like (I
prefer a light grey sometimes - especially if I have skies going to paper
white).

Just remember it is saved with the image now - so if you don't want to print
every image like that, then don't save it after printing.

The only time you will lose some of it is if the print size is slightly
bigger than your printer can print on that particular paper (so just make
sure you keep the print size within the margins your manual mentions)

Hope this helps

tim