Subject: [Leica] More than One M
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sun May 23 09:32:13 2004

Jack F. Matlock wrote:

> Richard F. Man <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:
>
> OK, for the few remaining LUGers that are actually still using the M
>>> cameras :-), how many use more than 1 Ms consistently? If so, is it
>>> because
>>> you want to have more than 1 lens handy, or more than 1 type of film
>>> handy,
>>> or just generally want a backup?
>
> I usually take at least two, sometimes three.  There are various
> reasons.  Sometimes I want Kodachrome in one and negative film in
> another.  Sometimes I need a body for infra-red, which can only be
> loaded and unloaded in the dark (and I don't usually carry a changing
> bag with me).  Sometimes I want the .85 for better focussing with a
> 90mm or 135mm.  Sometimes I just don't want to be changing lenses all
> the time.

Agreed. With the price of Ms so good these days there is little reason
not carry 2. I carry an M3 on which I keep a longer lens and an M6 on
which I keep a wider lens -- otherwise you can carry b/w and color in
which case I keep the slide film in my M6 and B/W in the M3 and use the
M6 as a meter for the M3.

Jonathan

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] More than One M)