Subject: [Leica] re: M5 meter arm
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Fri May 21 13:36:44 2004

>If that can be verified (that the CLE doesn't use the same meter as
>the CL), someone let me know. I hated giving up the CL, but the
>metering on it drove me nuts. A CLE would still be nice if Konica
>doesn't pan out regarding rumors of a pint-sized M camera.

Yes, the CLE reflects off a spotted pattern on the film curtain (not
entirely unlike the M6/M7).  What's even neater, the meter continues
to work in slow-shutters, actually metering off the film (even
without flash).

BUUUUUTTT..  The meter only works in AE mode. The meter inexplicably
does not work for manual photography. It's effectively meter-less
once you switch off AE. Otherwise, it'd have been a perfect camera.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] CLE - was M5)