Subject: [Leica] M7 base plate plastic! My Black Paint is Better than Yours
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri May 21 09:30:52 2004

Gene asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 base plate plastic! My Black Paint is Better than
Yours

> Ted
> > Are you sure this is not a subconscious desire to really keep that
plastic
> on the baseplate?  Come on Fess Up! ;-)<<<<<<<<

Naw, I get spooked by little plastic thingies like that and want them off
and into the garbage making the M whatever a "working man's tool !"

And not some wimpy keep it clean forever that way for the next hundred years
kind a guy who likes pretty instead of practical useable machine and strokes
it more than uses it! ;-) Of course in my most humble of opinion. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M7 base plate plastic! My Black Paint is Better than Yours)