Subject: [Leica] First it was 50 first, now it could be what 50
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed May 19 19:56:05 2004

I keep coming back to 50mm lenses.  They force you to think about your
image.  With a 35-15 you can just get in close and shoot.  With a 50,
you need to consider what you want in or out of the frame and move
appropriately.  Aperture comes into play as well. Sometimes, nothing in
focus but a small point is exactly what the image screams for.  Other
times F8 and be there works just fine.

So, for me, it comes down to which 50.  Summicron or Sonnar, Summilux or
Serenar, Summarit or Summar, SMC or Super Spectra, Nikon or Zeiss, then
there is always the Elmar or Summitar.  All with different looks
especially as you open up and move in close.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com