Subject: [Leica] 50mm lenses should be compulsory.
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed May 19 06:43:02 2004

Beddoe, Neil wrote:
> See http://www.camerahobby.com/EBook-Perspective_Chapter17.htm for an
> example.

I wasn't following the whole thread, but thought this is
a fairly well-known fact, no ?

Anyway, this is the reason why I think a super megapixel digital
camera is great.  Don't buy a more expensive, heavier,
longer lens.  Just use a super megapixel digital and crop.
Does not work with film (hence Leica), obviously, as you
suffer noticeable image degradation when you crop.

I would love to have a 10000 megapixel camera and carry
one lens, the widest I would ever use.  And no zoom either.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] 50mm lenses should be compulsory.)
Reply from george at imagist.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] 50mm lenses should be compulsory.)