Subject: [Leica] More Steam for Freaks
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Tue May 18 08:28:35 2004

Sir Nigel Gresley only started streamlining the A4 after having been on
the "Fliegende Hamburger", Flying Hamburger named after the city
not the food (?), wasn't there also a US streamliner too ? The
something-or-other Flyer , Burlington ? seems to ring a bell.
Obviously quite successfully, as far as I know the "Mallard" still holds
the record.

A Gresley A4 streamlined Pacific  "Streak",  "Sir Nigel Gresley"
steaming into Pickering Station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-67115.html

Same class again, the original livery and number of "Silver Link", the
locomotive is however the repainted "Bittern".
At the Stephenson Museum near Newcastle. The streamlining of the "Silver
Link" was slightly different.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-67116.html

LMS 5MT 4-6-0  "George Stephenson" in the sheds at Grosmont,
Headquarters of the NYMR.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-67117.html

NYMR - A2 Pacific  "Blue Peter" at Grosmont Station

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-67118.html

Douglas