Subject: [Leica] From LHSA Spring Shoot
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon May 17 21:06:38 2004

Mark:  You're right.  So I made the frame whiter than white, with Oxydol.

But tonight I also did a color version, which I like better.   For some
reason last night I couldn't stand the color version no matter what I
did.  I thought the B&W version was too dark, but when I made it lighter,
it looked pasty.  Tonight I got things reasonable with the color.  The
mixed light is really weird, but it is what it is.  I guess if I was
shooting for a newspaper I would have used flash to match the daylight in
the background, but available light chauvanist that I am. . .

New color version:
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/Victoria/20AlexDavidBow.htm

B&W version:
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/Victoria/20AlexDavidBowBW.htm

Oh, BTW, last week I saw a news photo of Fay Wray on the observation deck
of the Empire State Building, 71 years since Da Big Gorilla dragged her up
there.

--Peter