Subject: [Leica] cyanotype help?
From: stasys1 at gte.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Mon May 17 16:52:48 2004

Hi all- I'm trying to make a few cyanotype (prussian blue, or blue print
like) prints without great luck. I am following the info from the LFI
magazine 3/2004 issue (making a dig. neg, printing on inkjet to acetate,
then contact printing on sensitized inkjet paper, washing and drying). I've
used some scanned Leica negs, and digital data. The scanned film seems
better- but still not very good results. The print looks too dark, the color
murky (not the nice blue I should get) and in all- not a good result. Also,
the inkjet printing on the acetate is not satisfactory- with too much ink-
it all runs together, with less- at 150 dpi it is lacking in detail. I was
scared to try the printing on my Epson 2200, so just used the Epson Stylus
color 777 with generic ink. I only use Epson ink and paper on the 2200- was
scared of gumming it up. My exposure was 6 minutes in cloudy/bright
daylight.

Thanks for suggestions. Stasys

Replies: Reply from leowesson at charter.net (leo wesson) ([Leica] cyanotype help?)