Subject: [Leica] Nautical theme
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Mon May 17 08:25:41 2004

Carl wrote:
"These would be called bitts. Often made in pairs and I assume this one has
a sister connected to it. Are these on the Balclutha which has been moored
there for many years.
Carl Lantz"
Carl, thanks for the input. Yes, the pictures are from the "Balclutha". I'm
going to look for the "bitt" twin next time I walk or bike to the Hyde
Street Pier and the new US Park Service Maritime History Center.
Oliver