Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's latest
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon May 17 04:06:03 2004

Steve:

>  Eric   I love your photos of your little
>girl..... I wonder what if you cropped the
>foreground.....?

Thanks!

Also thanks, for the suggestion (and the example you emailed offlist).

Original:

http://canid.com/current/dishwasher.html

Steve's crop:

http://canid.com/pics/steves_crop.jpg

I go back and forth.  On the one hand, does the out of focus sink add
anything?  If it doesn't, take it out.

On the other hand, I like her placement within the frame better in the
uncropped version.  The framing was intentional so the edge of the sink
would come out at the corner, and the bottom of the sink sorta plays off
against the darker tones at the top.

In other words, I can't decide which way I like best.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Re: Eric's latest)