Subject: [Leica] Scanning software
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Fri May 14 15:16:14 2004

Tomthy wrote:
"I'm astonished that so many folks prefer Nikon scanning software over
VueScan for scanning negatives! I was ready to toss my LS-4000 out
the window until I switched to VueScan. The Nikon software was great
for scanning slides, OK for color neg, but absolutely clueless for BW
negs. VueScan gives me full-range scans of negs, and has excellent
profiles to choose for many specific color and BW neg films."
<snip>
I agree with Timothy regarding his strong preference for VueScan. I do not
use transparency film at all. My color negative films of choice are Agfa
Vista and Optima. The Nikon scanning software distorts their colors. VueScan
has settings for Agfa Optima and renders it accurately. I accept VueScan's
user interface the way it is, and I'm glad that Ed Hamrick devotes his time
to constantly improving the product.
Oliver Bryk