Subject: [Leica] There's A Lot More to Photography than Cat Litter
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Wed May 12 16:58:13 2004

The connection between Leicas and surrealist photography...if I may be
simplistic...is that Leicas and other "miniature" cameras gave
photographers the freedom to wander unencumbered by equipment or
preconceived notions and attitudes and to capture instants which might
otherwise go unnoticed.  Most of the proclaimed surrealist photographers
of my acquaintance also enjoy taking pictures and don't undertake their
craft as a mere intellectual endeavor, just like you!

I have right behind me a photograph I took of Salvador Dali in 1963 when
I was a kid.  He was examining the installation of a show at the
Huntington Hartford Museum in New York and was wearing his eye glasses.
As soon as Dali saw me, he had me thrown out of the museum.  I love that
picture, but wiser people than I have told me it is surrealist kitsch.
I hope your friend enjoys her Dali as much as I enjoy mine.

	Buzz Hausner