Subject: [Leica] There's A Lot More to Photography than Cat Litter
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Wed May 12 16:42:57 2004

> Sorry, I still don't get the connection.  As I said before, I am a shallow
> bumpkin.  I'm not taking it personally.  I'm not even het up, whatever that is.

The Leica came out in 1925 and was picked up by many followers of Dada
and surrealism, like Man Ray and students of the Bauhaus school, who
shot a lot of material in the style of the movement. The late 20's to
mid 30's were the high water mark of the surrealist movement, until it
came to an abrupt end when the Nazi's came in to power in 1933.

> -----
> I don't do surrealist photography with my Leica, whatever that is.  I just
> take pictures, and enjoy doing it.
> ----

> By the way, a person I know has a Dali original. She has it hanging near the
> sink so she can enjoy it while she's washing dishes.

ARGHH!!!!!! Moisture? Mold?

Feli

Replies: Reply from paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul Hardy Carter) ([Leica] There's A Lot More to Photography than Cat Litter)