Subject: [Leica] Leitz Summarit 50mm, F/1.5 experiences
From: ccstirkjr at yahoo.com (CHARLES STIRK JR C)
Date: Tue May 11 10:27:07 2004

I picked up Summarit 50mm F/1.5 with a filter and a huge
hood attached in M mount when I bought a used M3 ,  had
believed much of the lack luster reviews
I had heard about the lens .When  I sent the M3 & Summarit
in for ClA .  The Lens was least of my concerns .........
The  Summarit has turned out to be bit of a WoW
lens for me really quite sharp really nice lens for
portraits I have had  no problem with flare ect. but I have
really clean lens & do use the hood  ....I would only go
for  a clean example of the Summarit as prices for these
are not much more then a real beat up user and most of the
issues with this lens seem to stem from beat up coatings .

Chuck

C. C. Sirk Jr.  Photography & Imaging
Charles C. Stirk Jr.
201 North Woodward Ave