Subject: [Leica] Qualify for the Boston Marathon?
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun May 9 13:24:33 2004

In order to be a registered Boston Marathon runner, one has to qualify:
http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/Qualifying.asp

Literally thousands of the runners are not registered/qualified.  Many
are folks who soldier through those tough 26 miles, do it for charity,
to honor a dead relative, to do their own personal best and/or to
qualify for other marathons.

You don't need to be registered to participate in the Boston Marathon.
But, you do have to register if you think that you are fast enough to
get a chance at the prize money or to have your running time tracked and
recorded into the official Boston Marathon records.

So, for the purposes of BD's student it wasn't necessary.  If I'm
reading her narrative correctly, she simply wanted to run the distance
and document the event.

I agree with what Ron has stated below.  I expect that BD is proud of
his student and for a novice photographer and runner, I think she should
get an "A".

Jim, "What me run?" Hemenway

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Qualify for the Boston Marathon?)