Subject: [Leica] C8080
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu May 6 08:04:15 2004

This was shot with the Olympus C8080 8 mgp p&s - which arrived on my
doorstep yesterday afternoon - at it's top iso of 400, at 1/6th of a
second at f 2.5 - handheld. Converted to B&W using my normal "workflow."
I offer it as an example of what the camera can do, not of great
photography.:-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BDCOLENPHOTOS/Tiki

My initial impression is that if there's any underexposure at 400, the
images are pretty noisy, but that the noise pattern is surprisingly
grain-like. The metering tends, I think, to over expose about
half-a-stop, but that's easily taken care of by dialing in compensation.

The electronic viewfinder is quite good - similar to that on the E-20 -
it has manual focus, with the 'blow-up' of the center image - creaky,
but useable when autofocus won't cut it.

The "instant on" feature really is -instant on. No hesitation or wait at
all.

Other than that...nothing to report yet.

B. D.