Subject: [Leica] Ten years behind? I think not.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 5 15:22:52 2004

I think the issue is not autofocus but a digitally compatible system.
To stop a good sized niche of its nitch from selling their R and M systems
for a digitally compatible system Leica is now franticly getting out a
digital R and M body or back.
This will keep it going in the nitch it's comfortable with.
People whose bottom line is the very best glass but need to use this glass
for film exposures as well as digital captures to stay in the game.

So far I don?t see the market being flooded with Leica film gear and glass
but you never know.

Mark Rabiner