Subject: [Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Apr 30 05:04:01 2004

At 07:21 PM 4/29/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Tina, and the rest. Apparently, according to the brochure, only the
>5000 and 9000 can make multi passes, up to 16.
>That settles it for me. Although a 4000 with multiscan would be enough for
>me. Since I'm back in school, I don't anticipate doing any heavy production.
>Which means that even my commercial work is at hobby level shooting.
>S. Dimitrov

Slobodan -

Since the 5000 has come out, there should be lots of 4000's going up on the
auction site soon.  I'm thinking about upgrading to the 5000 but can't
justify it just for the faster speed.  I set my 4000 up to batch scan
before I go to bed at night so it doesn't really matter how fast it
is.  Hope you find a good one cheap!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com