Subject: [Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box
From: rolfe at ldp.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Wed Apr 28 18:43:14 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 9:33 PM, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> I checked B&H's site for a Canon scanner, and found none to be had.
> Anyone
> know if Canon has quit making scanners?
> S. Dimitrov

Interestingly, Nikon, Canon and Minolta all seem to have hit their
upgrade cycle at the same time.

Also interestingly, Nikon seems to be the only company that has
actually rolled out upgrades, and even they are having trouble keeping
up with demand. Especially with the 9000 model, which is in short
supply everywhere.

Question: Why are these companies, which seem to have no problem
manufacturing cameras in vast quantities, having such problems
producing film scanners?

Rolfe
--
Rolfe Tessem		|	Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com		|	96 Morton Street

Replies: Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box)