Subject: [Leica] Collapsible Summicron 50/2
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Apr 27 07:31:43 2004

John Collier wrote:
> The Nokton only focuses to 0.9 meter while the Summicron and Summilux
> focus to 0.7 meter. It doesn't sound like a big deal but I am always
> having to back up with my Noctilux which focuses to 1.0 meter. That
> rules out the Nokton for me.

You are correct John; the minumum
focus distance is a big enough
deal for me.  This is the reason that
I keep my 50mm Summicron M, in addition to
the LTM one, so that at least I can get
closer when using an M camera.

However, with an LTM camera I don't have much
of a choice as the lenses all are limited at
around 1m minimum focus distance, including the
Summicron;  I assume the 50mm Summilux LTM is
likewise limited.  So the Nokton is still a
viable option for me (for LTM).

- Phong