Subject: [Leica] The last word on Starbucks - a Project
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Apr 22 12:04:04 2004

> Not for me I find it suprising how much you allow us to use allready.
> Thanks
> simon j

Disk space is less than US$1 per gigabyte. A gigabyte holds about ten thousand photographs at typical online resolution.

Space is simply not an issue. A 250 GB ATA/133 disk can be had for under US$200. It will hold several million photographs.

A decade ago disks were the biggest expense of running a server computer. No longer true. Now it's labor (my time) and bandwidth (the data circuits by which you access the server).

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] The last word on Starbucks - a Project)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] The last word on Starbucks - a Project)
Message from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] The last word on Starbucks - a Project)