Subject: [Leica] The Wall
From: bernard.degaute at skynet.be (Bernard Degaute)
Date: Mon Apr 19 21:36:07 2004

>I agree that the Wall is a moving memorial, I saw it in Washington
>shortly after it was built. But...I must say that I find the huge Allied
>war cemeteries in Normandy and Belgium more impressive with their
>endless rows of crosses and the occasional Star of David; for me, these
>people really died defending my freedom (although I was not born yet),
>nay, my very existence.

Nathan,

I completely agree with you. Cemeteries and memorials of WWI near Verdun
(France) are also very moving, as well as the American cemetery in Luxemburg
where Paton is burried with his soldiers. Among those graves you can do
nothing but pray and photograph those endless rows of white stones.

Best regards

Bernard

bernard.degaute@skynet.be