Subject: [Leica] starbucks proves that America works?
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sun Apr 18 13:53:55 2004

Don Dory wrote:
  For anyone who
> travels, no matter how much they enjoy experimentation in food or drink,
> finding a reliably decent place is a pleasure.

Hi Don,

I don't agree with you on this point.
When I travel I make a point of it to eat and drink the local food.
I detest the fancy British hotel where they only serve Heineken instead
of a proper English beer. I don't eat pizza in France but I take the
typical French menu. When I'm in Germany I drink 'hefeweizen' and eat
sausage. In Scandinavia I eat fermented fish but don't drink alcohol
because it is too expensive:-)
I don't like the big restaurant chains that serve the same food and
drinks all over the world. I'm afraid that one day the only choice in
food I have will be:pizza hut, KFC or McDonald s.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] starbucks proves that America works?)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] starbucks proves that America works?)