Subject: [Leica] print size
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Apr 18 13:19:19 2004

At 08:42 AM 4/18/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>    Check out this interesting article, in the Sunday
>NY Times Art Section, on print size and super sizing.
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/18/arts/design/18GEFT.html
>
>    What are the largest prints you make?  What
>criteria do you use to determine the right print size
>for a given image?
>
>    Thanks for any insights.   Tom

Tom -

I have made 17x23 on my 2200, but I prefer 8x10's.  The criteria would be
viewing distance and I want people to come up close to look at my prints
and to be able to hold them in their hands.  To me, photographs of people
should usually be small and intimate rather than huge and
overwhelming.  Other subjects, such as landscapes, might be more effective
large and viewed from across the room.

Just my opinion.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP