Subject: [Leica] Re: Black & White Negative Film Processing
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Apr 18 10:48:13 2004

Matt:

>I am about to develop Tri-x 400 with XTOL developer.  What's a good
>stop bath and fixer to buy ?

I use a couple water rinses between Xtol and fixer, which is Kodak Rapid Fix
w/o hardening agent.

My standard developer is Xtol 1:3, and it's very close to exhaustion by the
time I'm done developing, anyway.  After hearing a few here on the LUG talk
about water as their only stop bath, I experimented.  I haven't been able to
tell any difference between using a real stop bath vs. water, so I now use
one less chemical.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/