Subject: [Leica] R8 vs digilux 2 metering. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Apr 17 22:05:14 2004

R8 - digilux 2 metering.........

Not sure this will mean anything but thought it might be of some interest to
the technical folks.

I was shooting with my R8 wearing an 80-200 f.4.0 lens and the Dgilux 2 with
obviously it's attached f.2.0, 28-90 zoom. and wondered how the meters
might match-up on the identical focal length and subject.

I was working the meters set for centre weighted and 90mm on the 80-200 and
90mm on the digi2.

Same positon and shot a couple of frames R8, then the Digi 2 and the
exposure readings by both cameras was absolutely identical and the returned
film-digi images as recorded are absolutely identical.

Does this mean anything and is it important to life and successful
photographs?  I haven't go a clue, however it means they can be used set at
the same focal lengths and both have matching exposures if one wishes to
have matching images.

Another small note:
The digi 2 can be set to see and shoot your images in B&W. Nice feature.
However the viewfinder is in B&W all the time, so you're shooting and
viewing the world in B&W!

And this has to be the weirdest way to witness the scene while shooting. No
matter how wired we maybe into shooting B&W film, we still see in colour.
But when you've changed the Digi 2 viewfinder and recording to B&W now your
subjects are in B&W as long as you look through the viewfinder.

Viewing our world in mono is truly something else when you are shooting!
Does it make it better? I don't think so because we don't constantly look
through the camera any differently than using an M camera, accept through
the viewfinder of the m at least the subjects are still in colour.

just for what it's worth, if anything. But it is Leica photographic. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] R8 vs digilux 2 metering. :-))