Subject: [Leica] in search of a portrait f2 90
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Apr 17 14:31:58 2004

At 05:57 PM 4/16/04 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>Yup - If for some bizarre reason you really want to do your portrait
>shooting with a rangefinder rather than a reflex, go with the 90
>Summicron - It's plenty sharp and contrasty, but not overwhelmingly
>either, which makes it an excellent portrait lens. I briefly owned the
>90 APO, and I sold it and went back to the old war horse - and haven't
>regreted it for a moment.

BD and I did a swap several years back, as part of which he got my old 2/90
Pre-Asph (a magnificent lens) and I got his 2/90 Asph (a much more
satisfactory lens for my purposes).  So, in the end, it was a great deal,
as we each got what we wanted.  (I threw in a rather battered but useable
2.8F 12/24 Rolleiflex as boot, incidentally:  even I, skunk that I may be,
would never have taken advantage of someone as sweet, reasonable and kind
as B.D. is.)

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!