Subject: [Leica] in search of a portrait f2 90
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Fri Apr 16 13:51:28 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 13:15, Adam Bridge wrote:
> I want to buy a 90mm M lens for portraiture. I currently have a canadian f2.8 90
> but would like to move to f2. I don't want the ultra-sharpness of the APO lens
> and I don't have the bucks for one anyway.
>
> I want to spend under $1,000 (US).
> Recommendations?
> thanks
> Adam

Last pre-ASPH Summicron 2/90-M. I got mine for about $500 from KEH.com.

Very nice lens. At f2 it has IMO a perfect combination of shallow DOF,
beautiful bokeh, smooth tones, It is sharp without with out being
clinical.

Stopped down to about f4 or 5.6 this lens becomes VERY sharp. I have K64
slides I took between f4 and f8 and they really have that sparkle
we associate with the newer leica glass.

feli

Replies: Reply from jerryleh at pacbell.net (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] in search of a portrait f2 90)
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] in search of a portrait f2 90)