Subject: [Leica] grainy t-max 100
From: leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Fri Apr 16 12:21:58 2004

People think that T-Max developer is what was designed to go with T-Max
film, but is really a high energy developer for push processing that
came along later.  My results were similar to yours.  Kodak perfected
T-Max's image quality in D-76.  Try D-76 diluted, or that Vitamin C
stuff Mark Rabiner likes.

Tom Schofield
125 St. Patricks Drive
Danville, CA 94526

Okay, I showed a few of my T-MAX 100 images to a friend who observed
that there
was more grain in them than he had ever seen. "I like the effect but how
did
you do it."

Uhhh....I wasn't shooting for grain. Now it might be that, as I asked
before,
that I was processing with old pre-diluted T-Max developer.

But I was wondering what else I might have done?

I'm following the Kodak recomendation of 7 fast inversions every 30
seconds.

I was processing at 68 F instead of 75 F.

anyway...thoughts?

thanks

Adam

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] grainy t-max 100)