Subject: [Leica] Leica O similarity to digi-P&S
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Apr 16 04:21:34 2004

I was out recently at a tourist place, and saw some really interesting
camera usage.  The fact is that most of the people with cameras had
digital point and shoots (and I had a Hasselblad 500cm).

The thing I saw most interesting was that with the digi-P&S's, people
would hold them at arm's length to frame and shoot, using the back LCD
display.  The image that I had in my head was that it was the same body
action used to frame a shot using the Leica O.

Just imagine - if the one's owning the digi-P&S's wanted to experience
the quality and joys of film, they are all ready and familiar with the
needed body actions for using the Leica O.   Think of what it'll do to
Leica sales!

Anyone out there still using a Leica O?

regards,
Vick