Subject: [Leica] Slides the cat has gone to kitty heaven
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Apr 15 17:18:45 2004

On 4/15/04 8:51 AM, "Sam" <sam@osheaven.net> wrote:

> To some, the death of a pet is akin to the death of a child, and to
> others the emotional resources and money spent on animals is a  scandal.
> If the time and energy spent taking care of pets was expended on
> visiting the abandoned sick and aged, or the money spent on having a pet
> operated on was paid into the medical account of an uninsured sick and
> needy human being, so much suffering could be alleviated. It baffles me
> when someone fains concern (many times via documentary photography) for,
> example, a bloated, fly covered, starving African child, and then rushes
> in the Volvo to the Vets to have the dog operated on for cancer at a
> cost of $5,000. Vanity pets have no place in a world of suffering human
> beings.
>
> Sam S

I hear where your coming from Sam I guess you have mixed feelings.
But if Slides was a kid she'd be in the college dorm saying bad things about
her parents.
The protein which gets flushed down the toilets in America could feed the
world so says Jean Brody of the New York Times.
Just two blocks away a baby is being used as an ashtray.
Adults are just not all that nice is the real truth.
Kids are great I just took the critter route. We were inovative in that. As
a matter of fact we might have been one of the very first couples in the
history of the world who decided not to have kids. But others have followed
our example in the past couple of decades. The world changes. There are
people now you meet at a new years eve party who don?t drink alcohol or
smoke cigarettes! The horror!
Also women work now.
:)

Rabiner