Subject: [Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's.. Now: upgrade
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Apr 14 12:45:46 2004

Hi Eric:

This is true... and I hope that my messages didn't read too strongly.

I looked at the results from both 90mm lenses and picked a used non-APO
because my intent was to use it for portraits.  As Doug writes, if you
want sharp, sharp, sharp then the APO is probably for you.  I also have
the APO 100 Macro and will probably never use it for portraits again, as
I think that it's much too sharp for that use... well, maybe not too
sharp for a face like Bob Dylan's.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com