Subject: [Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's sweet spot?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 06:58:37 2004

Eric, when I had that lens, I found it performed best wide open or nearly
so.  It seemed to mush out a bit in the middle and stopped down  apertures.
Sonny

For the  past year  I have been shooting family and portrait work with an  R7
with 60mm Macro and 90mm Elmarit lenses.
I have heard much praise on  the LUG for the 90mm elmarit, but I just can't
get my lens to 'sing' like  my 60mm.
Images always seems a bit too soft (well, yes compared to the  razor sharp
60mm), but I like deadly sharp focus.
Any suggestions? - I  try to shoot the 90mm at 5.6. I am usually using
strobes, so shutter speed  is  1/100.

thanks
Eric
Regards,

Sonny
_http://www.sonc.com_ (http://www.sonc.com/)

"You can't always get  what you want, but sometimes, if you try, you can get
what you need" The Rolling Stones