Subject: [Leica] Hello again!
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Wed Apr 7 08:48:09 2004

Hi Jeffery,

Well, my M4 isn't exactly brand new -- but darn close to it.

Get this -- a fellow Rollei user told me that the wealthy wife of a
physician friend of his was unloading her hobby cameras as preparation for
retirement. She and her husband, you see, are quitting the rat race next
year in favor of touring the globe in their boat and she wanted to lighten
the load, so to speak. Among her cameras, I was told, was an M4 (my
aforementioned fave).

Well, a couple of days ago I reported aboard the boat, which is in reality a
million-dollar-plus Hatteras 55 motor yacht, and inquired about the Leica.
The soon-to-be retiree (who looks to be about 40 years old) produced a
flawless M4 body and a service receipt from Sherry Krauter. Sherry had
recently replaced a few dry bits and re-lubed and adjusted the camera.  It
had been stored unused for about 30 years!   The price was $1,000. I
couldn't pass it up.

I immediately ordered a mint condition, latest version 50mm Summicron from
Don Chatterton, plus a strap, UV filter and -1 diopter correction lens
(gosh, I'm getting old) and am back in business. 35 and 90mm Summis will
come later.

Next week, I'll start taking photos to contribute to the PAW collection.

It's good to hear from you. I'll let you know the next time I'm down (my son
lives in Gretna and my daughter near Baton Rouge). We should "do lunch".

All the best,

Craig

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Hello again!)
Reply from crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts) ([Leica] Hello again!)