Subject: [Leica] RE: Portfolio Review
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Apr 6 20:36:16 2004

Wow, the response was truly overwhelming in
both quality and quantity, on and off-list.

Thank you all for your comments, critiques, etc.
It was a truly fun exercise, and gave me a lot to think about.
I have updated my portfolio, removing the cowgirl shot,
as well as 2 model duplications.   I also lowered
the contrast in one of the shot, and burned the arm of
another, etc.  and uploaded the new version:
http://www.phongdoan.com/Photography/PortraitPortfolio

A few more tweaks (mostly to remove the blotchiness when
reduced to web size), and I'll be done with these shots.
It's amazing the amount of work that goes into the
production of this portfolio, both during the shoots
and during post-processing.  And I have yet to print,
mount, etc.  However, I feel confident that I have
a good sales tool with the current portfolio.

>From the comments, it's clear than you can't please
everyone.  I think every single shot that's on someone's
strong list, is on someone else's reject list.
But that's not the point.  It's the the insight
and intelligence from the comments that are most
interesting.

Again, thank you all.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] RE: Portfolio Review)