Subject: [Leica] Portfolio Review
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 6 07:52:06 2004

Lea and Tina:
As I am from Louisiana, I am sure many will misconstrue my remarks, but  here
goes:
I left that picture out of my choices for the portfolio because style-wise,
it just didn't fit.
That said, it obviously didn't bother the subject, as she seemed to have
fun.  So, IMO, it was a successful portrait.   Portraits are  different than
other types of photography.  They have to appeal to the  subject first.  All other
viewers, including other women are secondary to  the purpose.
In these parts,  a portrait portfolio including several similar shots  would
sell a number of jobs for Phong.
Girls here drive dually pickup trucks with diesel engines, go to rodeos,
cook for their men and kick their men's butts if they mess around.
Sonny
In a message dated 4/6/2004 9:39:02 AM Central Standard Time,
images@InfoAve.Net writes:

>Phong,
>Your use of light is excellent; you've got some great  shadow things
>happening in many of your images.
>Lea

I  agree with everything Lea said - especially  about
http://www.phongdoan.com/Photography/PortraitPortfolio/12_crw_4833p.htm

>From  2 LUG women!
Tina

Regards,

Sonny
_http://www.sonc.com_ (http://www.sonc.com/)

"You can't always get  what you want, but sometimes, if you try, you can get
what you need" The Rolling Stones

Replies: Reply from lea at whinydogpress.com (lea) ([Leica] Portfolio Review)