Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Apr 4 15:49:01 2004

>I am not sure what the current situation in Japan is, but when I
>worked there in the 80s for a year I and my whole family were
>required to report to an agency to get fingerprinted every three
>months. I did not have a US passport at the time.

That's required for work visas and permanent residency in Japan, not
for visitors.  I have to do the same in the U.S. for my work permit.
My entire set of fingerprints are with the FBI. This has taken the
fun out of life knowing all of the things I can't do now unless I'm
wearing gloves :-)

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura