Subject: [Leica] c 41 color neg
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Apr 4 01:31:29 2004

At 11:19 AM 4/3/04 -0800, leo wesson <leowesson@charter.net> wrote:

>Anyone have opinions on what's the finest grain, best color, best scan
>C41 color neg  400 ei film to use?

A few years ago, a lab manager gave me this advice:  Use either Kodak Supra
400 or Fujicolor Press 400.  Shoot it at IE 200 when there was plently of
light, and IE 400 when I needed the speed.  I chose Kodak Supra, and
happily used it this way up until recently, when it was discontinued.  Now
I'm trying Fuji Press 400.

I've also loved the now discontinued Kodak T400CN (chromogenic B&W), shot
the same way.  I suspect its successor, Professional BW400CN will respond
similarly.

While we're on the subject:   I would love to have a quick-reference list
of the equivalent professional and consumer films.  As in, Fujak
PhligistonChrome Professional is the same as their OxyChrome 100, just
ripened and refrigerated.

Also, is there a downloadable guide to the abbreviations used for some
films?  Sometimes I get lost when people start talking about NPH and NPZ
and and all the other TLAs.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) ([Leica] c 41 color neg)