Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (Joseph Codispoti)
Date: Sat Apr 3 09:56:34 2004

Ted,

Sorry to hear about the damage to your equipment. It must be devastatingly
frustrating to discover how cavalier (and self righteous) the authorities
can be about other people's property.

Here is what I would do:

a) Upon check-in, if possible, I would ask to have the equipment inspected
in my presence, and the case marked as "clear".

b) Have full insurance (though it would not help going to a job with
inoperable cameras).

c) Lodge the strongest complain with the proper authorities and file a law
suit if no satisfaction is received.

d) Enclose instructions so that the Neanderthals know how to check without
damaging the items.

e) Carry as much as possible on board.

Next month I plan to be in Europe for an extended stay.

I will ship by insured mail most of the items (peripherals) that I do not
need immediately. I will carry a laptop and cameras on board with me, even
if it will have to guard them under my seat.

I hope that the damage to your Ms did not have too great an impact on your
mission.

I'll think of you as I pass the airport's gauntlet.

Joe

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Grits!! (was: Kodak B&W 400 film))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?)