Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sat Apr 3 08:15:56 2004

I've flown overseas twice since 9/11. Both times flying out of New Orleans
to Newark to Shannon, Ireland. New Orleans has to have the worst security.
Ranking up there with Baghdad. Both times through New Orleans, I've asked
for a hand inspection with my film. Both times I've gotten a "what ya want
me to do with this honey?" look on the inspector's face. We're talking about
60 rolls, so the ziplock bag is quite full. Anything could be inside of it.
No worries, they look at the outside of the bag, then give it back to me.
Newark also was the same, except they seem to check at least a couple of
rolls. Coming home, Shannon inspectors hand checked my film one at a time,
then politely gave it back to me. They even asked if they could look through
my camera bag, I told them "sure". The inspector saw I was from New Orleans,
she mentioned her daughter goes to Tulane. 5 minutes and much Tulane talk
later, I walked by without them even looking into my bag.

Sorry, the M7's were damaged Ted. I'm glad you have one working camera.

Chris