Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Apr 3 06:49:04 2004

At 10:26 PM 4/2/2004 -0800, you wrote:
Ted:

>You are not allowed to lock the case because the TSA security staff may want
>to look inside. And if you do use locks they'll cut them off anyway!

There are now locks that are approved by the TSA.  They have a special
triangle-shaped symbol on them and a slot in the bottom that the TSA has a
key to unlock.  You can get them from Brookstone - 2 locks for
$25.  However, I never, ever check any photographic equipment.  I have a
roll-on photo suitcase that will carry an amazing amount of equipment. We
have had crates of medical equipment disappear on the way to
Honduras.  Once we had to postpone cataract surgery, with over 100 people
waiting, for over a week while Continental looked for the missing
sterilizer.  They finally found it sitting in the rain on the runway in
Miami.  Don't check anything you ever want to see again.

I hope your passport covered any damage and you get brand new M7's
ASAP.  BUT DON'T EVER CHECK YOUR CAMERAS AGAIN!!!!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from daniel_ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?)
Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you? - Now roll-on photo suitcase)
Reply from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (sdp35) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Grits!! (was: Kodak B&W 400 film))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?)