Subject: [Leica] M7 Digital (real one) in LFI
From: tkr at puffball.demon.co.uk (Tim Rylance)
Date: Wed Mar 31 02:08:36 2004

Karen Nakamura writes:

>Yes, no wind lever, so my guess is the shutter is either an
>electromagnetic vertical travel bladed shutter  or more likely, a
>purely electronic shutter (such as in most digital P&S cameras). The
>advantage of the latter is live preview, which the R-D1 does not have.

My (English) March/April 2004 LFI has just arrived, and I notice that
beside the "M7 Digital" pictures are the words

 "Pure speculation on our part: this is
  what the digital M might look like. Leica
  has not yet decided on the backside
  control elements, the camera's design or
  even the name. Doing away with the
  quick wind lever is the only thing that can
  be considered definite."

So the pictures are an "artist's impression" by LFI, not from Leica.

Tim Rylance <tkr@puffball.demon.co.uk>

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] M7 Digital (real one) in LFI)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] M7 Digital (real one) in LFI)