Subject: [Leica] if you're going to go digital ...
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 05:55:40 2004

<<In a message dated 3/27/04 3:34:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
leicaman@sympatico.ca writes:

> I've always been looking for a pocketable digital camera that I can keep
> with me all the time.  This just might be the one.   Too bad it's a Sony
> and uses those damn memorysticks.  But it's not meant to be used for full
> time shooting, only for those ocasions when you wish you had a camera with
> you, so any memory card format will likely do for it.
>
> -dan c.
>
> At 02:50 PM 27-03-04 -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> >This sort of thing would likely blow away any competition from the
> >likes of Minox (and ~ 30% the price of a D-2):>>

Actually the most important feature of a have-with-you-always digicam are the
batteries.  Those that use proprietary packs are forever in a state of near
or complete discharge, unless you top them off, and then if the chargers don't
have a lengthy discharge/charge cycle you shorten the battery life.  I got my
wife a discontinued Olympus P&S digicam on the basis of it taking AA's, so
that in the event the cheap NiMH AA's are down, a pair of lithiums or alkalines
will do at least temporarily.

Replies: Reply from gwpics at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] if you're going to go digital ...)