Subject: Re: [Leica] Helping Hands
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:56:57 -0800

Tina showed:
Subject: [Leica] Helping Hands
> Some new photos from a day at the Jefferson Street Day Center for
> Adults.  I'm only about half-way through, but this is what I've got so
far.
> All Leica M7, all TMax 400, either Noctilux or Summilux.  They are sepia
> because I used the PhotoKit filter to print them out on my 2200.
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/folder-6426.html<<<<

Hi Tina,
Tender moments captured under an emotionally tough location. Well done.
Great control of your emotions I'm sure.

Much like the couple of weeks I spent in Hospice shooting for Women in
Medicine where the people are in the last days or hours of their lives. It's
absolutely amazing how the nurses and doctors cope with the environment day
after day giving comfort and loving care to those not much longer here.

However, most of the patients were bed ridden and sedated so there was
little to show of them so my concentration was on the women staff and
although emotional for me. I'd find it much tougher and emotionally draining
being in the facility where you were shooting than Hospice. Not sure why,
maybe because your subjects were somewhat more in vertical state.

ted