Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digilux 2 short hands-on test
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:39:00 -0500

Please, Mark - you are too damn smart, and too insightful, to write,
much less, believe your first couple of paragraphs. Leica aspirations?
As in photosocial climbing? Sure it has Leica aspirations - it's meant
to look like a Leica M. But it's not a Leica M - if this review is to be
believed at all, it's an Olympus C5060 in Leica drag.

And btw - I am NOT trying to make any sort of case for the Olympus - I
am simply saying that it's pretty insane to pay $1800 for a name and a
set of features that apparently don't produce any better images than a
camera that costs about 1/3 as much.

B. D.