Subject: [Leica] It's so easy.. (life wasn't meant to be easy)
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:03:05 +1100

I'm way behind on everything -- eMail, filing sorting tax and printing.
6 or 7 years ago, I spent a heap of $$$$ and plunged into the digital
darkroom, only to emerge poorer for the experience, so I set up the wet
darkroom from scratch and just as I finished it, the LUG announce that
digital printing was now "in". Hm,

Well just to update on "my" experiences, I've just spent 3 days in the
darkroom printing colour negs. My friends arrived on the Sunday, and I
felt quite keen to "show-off" my work, and their first comment was:

"Gee Al, you must have a fantastic ink-jet printer"

I may be able to replicate the quality of these prints digitally, BUT
to do it all myself would cost a bomb, so I'll keep with the jobo
devere and leica focomat for a while longer, but then I don't have
deadlines or the need to make money from this hobby and I love the
luxury.

Will post some soon

cheers

Alastair