Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Digital question
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:42:06 +0000

I don't think it is only digital P&S cameras with lag, the film P&S
cameras autofocus very slowly too. Setting the effective iso to some
value other than automatic and prefocusing normally makes the digitals
as fast as the same maker's film P&S. My Canon Ixus 400 is faster than
my Nikon 990 was (the Nikon produced good results except where the
delay was important - then it was useless). Leica are claiming reduced
delay as an important feature of the Digilux 2, I suppose it is simply
a function of the motors and sophistication of the electronics.
For really fast digital work, or for use in poor light, one needs one
of the SLRs.
Frank